The Criminal Justice Mental Health Standards provide guidance in a long-neglected area of criminal justice administration, and are not perfect. Please join us for a forum in which we will discuss the intersection of mental health and the U.S. criminal justice system to aid the ABA’s task force charged with revising the Criminal Justice Mental Health Standards. The event will be on Thursday, March 17, 1-5:30pm (reception 5:30-6:30pm) in the Louis B. Mayer Lounge at 198 McAllister Street, San Francisco. Plus, it's free and MCLE credit is available!
Our panel of distinguished speakers includes:
- Christopher Slobogin, Milton R. Underwood Professor of Law & Psychiatry
- Judge Ron Albers, California Superior Court Judge, San Francisco
- Jennifer Johnson, Assistant Public Defender, San Francisco
- Susan Christian, Assistant District Attorney, San Francisco
- Dr. Angelica Almeida, Ph.D.
- Tel Cary-Sadler, defense attorney, San Francisco
- Judge Laurel Beeler, U.S. Magistrate Judge, N.D.Cal.
- Dr. George Woods, Neuropsychiatrist and lecturer as UC Berkeley School of Law
RSVP Here: http://clq-hrplj-2016-symposium.eventbrite.com/
MCLE Materials Available Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B82H_EODspUfUUFnbnc1ZmxVbnc/view?usp=sharing